EFFECTIVE DATE: 01 JANUARY 2016
Last updated: 02/23/2016
U.S. Translation Company is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our on-line, telephone or other services (“Services”). In this policy we explain how and why we collect your information, what we do with it and what controls you have over our use of it.
Your acceptance of these Privacy Statement terms
What data we collect and how we use it
U.S. Translation Company collects and processes information about you in order to:
- Identify you each time you visit a Website or wish to have a Service provided.
- Process quotes or applications submitted by you.
- Improve our Services and Website; for example, conduct customer service surveys and solicit feedback from our clients.
- Customize your experience, for example, provide advertisements that we think are relevant to you and which support any specific requests for information you may make through keyword searches.
- Carry out research on the demographics, interests and behavior of our customers.
- Send you information we think you may find useful, including information about new U.S. Translation Company products and Services.
- Prevent, investigate, or provide notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our website or data systems; or to meet legal obligations.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
You may be asked, either when you register with us, or request for information from us, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number.
You are under no obligation to provide this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with certain services, or to personalize your experience and tailor our services for you
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our website, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet), which is recognized by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our Website, and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use, or the site from which you linked to our Website. You cannot be identified from this information, and it is used only to assist us in providing effective service on our website. We may from time to time supply information to the owners or operators of third party sites with links to our Website. Such information relates to the number of users linking to our Website from their websites. You cannot be identified from this information.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify customers or passwords. Credit card information is not stored in cookies.
- To estimate our audience size and patterns.
- To ensure that you are not asked to register twice.
- To track preferences and to improve and update our website.
- To track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
With whom is the information shared?
U.S. Translation Company will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your personal information to third party suppliers and service providers who provide Services on our behalf. These third party suppliers will not share, sell or rent your personal information either, but may have access to it depending on the type of service you require.
U.S. Translation Company may disclose aggregate statistics about our sales, our Website visitors, and customers of our services in order to describe our Services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties, and for other lawful purposes. These statistics will not include personally identifying information.
U.S. Translation Company may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of our company name and Website, visitors to the website, and customers of our Services.
Our Website contains links to the sites of third parties. When you visit these sites, we suggest that you read their privacy policies. U.S. Translation Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We will only sell or rent your personal information to a third party either as part of a sale of the assets of U.S. Translation Company, or having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Information about U.S. Translation Company products and Services
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time U.S. Translation Company may send you details of our products and Services that we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive these details, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
U.S. Translation Company
320 West 200 South, 3rd Floor
Salt Lake City, UT 84101