Meet the Pioneer,
Founder, & CEO
David Utrilla is the 31st member of the Utah Corps of Consuls and Honorary Consul to Peru in Utah, as well as the founder and CEO of the https://ustranslation.com/
David Utrilla studied international business and economics in Peru and in the USA. In 1995 he founded U.S. Translation Company and serves currently as its CEO. He and his company have been given multiple awards including Utah’s Best of State, listed six times in the Inc. 500/5000 for fastest growing companies in America, Mountain West Capital Network’s top 100 fastest growing companies in Utah, and the Small Business Person of the Year by the SBA.
In 2014 he received the Weber State University Distinguished Alumnus Award, the 2015 Utah Valley University Atlas Award, the 2016 Quixote Award by the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and the 2018 international Person of the Year Award at the Governor’s Utah Global Forum.
How was the Company Founded?
David was born in Lima, Peru. In Lima, he studied international business and economics. In 1994 David furthered his education at Weber State University when he immigrated to the United States in 1994.Upon immigrating to the United States, he faced the challenges of not speaking the native language; however, David did not let this limitation suppress his motivation. He began to wonder, “How many others are struggling with language barriers, and how can we bridge the gap?” This thought quickly became an obsession, which eventually led to what is now the US Translation Company.
David is also:
- on the Board of trustees of the Utah Symphony and Opera
- a Board Member of the World Trade Association of Utah
- on the Weber State University President’s National Advisory Council
- Advisory Board Member of Ascend Staffing
- Foreign Languages Department Industry Advisory Board at Weber State University
- Advisory Council Member of the Master of International Affairs and Global Enterprise Program at the University of Utah
- an Advisory Committee Member of the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
- the Chair of the Global Community Advisory Board at Utah Valley University
- on the Board of trustees of the American University of Rome
- on the Board Member of the College of Health Professions at Weber State University
- Advisory Board Member of Key Bank
- Advisory Board Member of Western Governors University
- a U.S. Department of Commerce Utah District Council Member
- a Honorary Consul of Peru in Utah
At U.S. Traslation Company there are three values we hold above all else, Integrity, Discipline, and Respect. They represent the way we do business, but most importantly, they represent who we are.